Stress & worry ~ Truth and Quotes – Anxiety Blog
Truth of stress
- The word stress comes from the Latin word “stringere” which means to draw tight.
- 75% of people experience some kind of emotional, physical and mental stress.
- Stress is one of the main contributors towards sleep disorders, including insomnia. When neurochemicals and hormones are in the body, it induces wakefulness.
- Laughter is known to lower cortisol, adrenaline and epinephrine (stress aggravating hormones) and releases the good-feeling ones such as dopamine.
- Animals as well as humans can experience stress.
- Stress can lead to chest pain, high cholesterol, cardiac problems and depression.
- contrary to belief, stress does not cause grey hair, but can cause hair loss.
There are some life events which can cause problems with stress. This can make everyday stress more challenging to cope with. For example:
- Being unemployed or losing a job
- Divorce or family turmoil
- Death of a relative or close friend
- Health problems
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Starting a new job
- Financial difficulties (eg debt)
- Neighbourhood problems (eg noise)
Ultimately it is how we deal with situations that affect the outcome and effects of stress. Some of the most effective natural stress reducers can include:
- Healthy and clean diet
- Vitamins (B)
- Limiting internet & cell phone usage
Good luck with managing your stress levels. I hope this post has helped, again if anyone has any more ideas, please let me know.
“Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness”
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”“Stress is an important dragon to slay – or at least tame – in your life.” (follow my blog as I try to tame the dragon: Blog)
Peace out folks!
About The Author
You might be interested in